The Upper Snake River Basin Sage Grouse Working Group will hold its next meeting at 2:00pm, Monday, April 25, at the Wyoming Game and Fish Office in Jackson (420 North Cache Street). Items to be discussed will include:
- Proposed winter closures for Gros Ventre leks
- Upcoming habitat improvement projects
- Current research
- Funding of future projects
- An update on the Spread Creek gravel pit
- Historic buildings in Grand Teton National Park
- Airport Wildlife Hazard Plan
- Begin review of the current Conservation Plan
The public is invited to attend the meeting and a public participation period will be scheduled. Contact Armond Acri at 307-734-2704 or Aly Courtemanch at 307-733-2321 for additional information.
The group is one of eight regional working groups statewide. Each is composed of citizens representing groups interested in sage grouse conservation. The group develops and intitiates conservation plans to benefit sage grouse and, when feasible, other species that use sagebrush habitats. Learn more about sage grouse, the regional working groups, and their management plans at: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Habitat/Sage-Grouse-Management.