Six landowners from across the state were recognized for outstanding practices in wildlife management, habitat improvement, access for hunters and anglers and conservation techniques on their properties with the 2015 Landowner of the Year Award.
Each year the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission and Wyoming Wildlife Foundation partner to acknowledge Wyoming landowners’ conservation efforts. These landowners also cooperate with Game and Fish to provide access to hunters and anglers on their properties. Award recipients are nominated by Game and Fish employees and selected by the regional leadership teams as model citizens for the conservation, ethical use and stewardship of Wyoming’s natural resources.
Wyoming Game and Fish Director Scott Talbott said the Landowner of the Year award is a way to acknowledge the work landowners put forth for conservation. “Today’s landowners are more than ranchers or farmers; they are key partners with the Wyoming Game and Fish Department in carrying out the Game and Fish mission of Conserving Wildlife – Serving People.”
Landowners receiving recognition this year are:
- The Garrett Family, Garrett Ranch-Casper Region
- Tim and Tina Delaney, Rolling Thunder and Rim Ranches-Pinedale Region
- Merlyn and Virginia Ballinger, Ballinger Rocking R Ranch-Cody Region
- Todd and Darcy Kaisler, Kaisler Cattle-Green River Region
- George and Susan Williams and Christopher and Kate Williams, ZN Ranch-Laramie Region
- Carol Holding, Kathleen Holding and Ron Hossfeld, Sunlight Ranch Company-Sheridan Region
For more information on the landowners and past winners, visit the Game and Fish Landowner of the Year award webpage.
Photo by Jessica U. Grant/WGFD